Remember to keep your pets safe!
- Keep your dogs confined inside your house in a cool, comfortable, and secure room.
- Do not tie your pets out in the backyard, and definitely do not bring them to fireworks displays and large parties - they could get spooked by the loud noises and bolt.
- Try leaving the television or radio on to provide some background noise. This could muffle some of the startling bangs and booms from the celebrations outside.
- Make sure that your pet’s license, identification tags, and microchip information are up-to-date in the event that he or she manages to escape. Also, have a current photo of your dog on hand, which could come in handy if you have to make a “lost dog” flyer.
- If you know that, even when he or she is secure inside, your dog is extremely frightened by loud noises, consult your veterinarian about medications that can help relax your pup. And if all else fails, stay home from the parties.