Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Spring Flowers


I will be the gladdest thing Under the sun! I will touch a hundred flowers And not pick one. ~Edna St. Vincent Millay, "Afternoon on a Hill"

 The temple bell stops but I still hear the sound coming out of the flowers. ~Basho

To be overcome by the fragrance of flowers is a delectable form of defeat. ~Beverly Nichols

Flowers... are a proud assertion that a ray of beauty outvalues all the utilities of the world. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson, 1844

 A morning-glory at my window satisfies me more than the metaphysics of books. ~Walt Whitman

 'Tis my faith that every flower Enjoys the air it breathes! ~William Wordsworth, "Lines Written in Early Spring," Lyrical Ballads, 1798

 The violets in the mountains have broken the rocks. ~Tennessee Williams

1 comments:

Kay L. Davies said...

A perfect photo to illustrate all these true quotations.
K