Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Friday, January 13, 2012

The Blues in New Jersey

I'm a little down, I have the blues. Actually I think I'm in the midst of a pity party as some would say. Pfft!

Nobody bought my calendars except my mother. I guess my photographs weren't not good enough.

My friend has a $1600 camera and I have a $400 one. Her pictures get sold on Dream Time and mine were rejected.

I thought my pictures were well done and worthy of a calendar, and even worthy for Dream Time, but I guess I was wrong.

Why do I even bother doing photography?

I can't afford a $1600 camera. Bills are due and groceries need to be purchased, so a $1600 camera is not on the top of my list.

My husband says not to worry, after all it's just a hobby. He's right, but I do want to be praised for my efforts in some way.

Maybe one day I'll be able to purchase a better camera. Maybe then my calendars will sell. And maybe then my photographs will be praise worthy. Until then, I will continue to take pictures with my $400 camera and post them on my little old blog.

2 comments:

Kay L. Davies said...

Oh, that's a shame about the calendars, Antonette, because I think your photos are lovely.
You bother to do photography because you enjoy it. I know that because it says so, right here on your blog, on the left side, but it can hurt when you feel unrecognized.
Don't blame your camera and, more importantly, don't blame yourself. Sometimes these things just happen. One photographer happens to be in the right place at the right time.
I don't know what Dream Time is, but maybe you'll be next. In the meantime, you have a husband, a dog, and two cats who love you, and blog-followers who care about you. I know, because I'm one of them.
There. The world famous Auntie Kay Lecture du Jour. I don't do this for just anybody, you know.
Warmest wishes for your health and happiness,
K

Jenn Jilks said...

Kay always has comforting words! I agree with her. I know what you mean. Everyone else seems to have things handed to them.
They are wonderful photos.