Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Thursday, April 02, 2009

Some news I didn't want to hear

I swear if it weren't for bad luck, I wouldn't have any luck at all....

As most of you know we have a "Chessie" (Chesapeake Bay Retriever) named Gunner. Well he's been "limpy gimpy" for a few weeks and I thought it was arthritis. I made a vet appointment and thought he'd get some pain meds and all would be alright. Well, upon visiting the vets on Tuesday, everything is not alright.

Gunner has a torn ACL in his left rear leg. The vet says he's had this for at least a couple of months but it hasn't really made him lame until now. I about had a meltdown because I let my dog get this way. He said it was nothing I did wrong but it was caused by arthritis weakening his bones and cartilage and it all snowballed from there.

The cost to repair his ACL tear is $2300.00. I don't know how in the world we are going to pay for this. Joey is the only one working because I'm unable to work. I am still waiting to get my social security/disability which I am hoping to start receiving money sometime in the next six months or less.

Gunner is set to have his surgery on April 22nd. I guess we'll put the bill on a credit card and hopefully be able to pay it. Needless to say, I am unable to sleep because I have all this amongst other things weighing on my mind.

Please if you have time, throw my name along with Gunner's in your thoughts and prayers. I would greatly appreciate it.

2 comments:

Sylvia K said...

Oh, Antonette, I'm so sorry about Gunner, I hate that this came at a bad time! I hurt for both of you and surely understand the money worries! My son has a Chesapeake Bay Retreiver, too. Her name is Mojo and I've posted several pics of her and she has some similar problems, not that bad as yet, but it's only going to get worse as she gets older. I will surely hold you and Gunner in my prayers!

Brad said...

Sorry to hear about that. Hope all resolves itself.