Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

My World Tuesday

Click on photo for larger view

About 15 minutes from our house is Six Flags in Jackson, NJ. Next to Six Flags is Prosper town Lake. You can see one of the roller coasters from the lake. The roller coaster you see is called Nitro.
Nitro blasts you off an unbelievable 230 feet in the air with a 215-foot dive back down to earth at speeds approaching 80 mph.
I have gone on it and I saw my life come before my eyes. I have never had that happen on any other roller coasters that I've been on and trust me I've been on a lot.
Unfortunately, I can't really enjoy the thrill of coasters anymore due to my neck and back injuries.

Want to join in on the fun? Click here.

6 comments:

Brit' Gal Sarah said...

Oh I don't do rollercoasters, especially huge ones like these!

JennWasHere said...

A nice contrast of the serene lake and the wacky roller coaster... and oh, that coaster's big! I wanna ride that!!!! =)

If you have time, come over my world here. Thanks!

chrome3d said...

It´s one of those that should be visited without eating first then!

Guy D said...

Wow that is a great combo photo of nature and manmade, I love it.

Cheers!
Regina In Pictures

Louise said...

I LOVE roller coasters and am very sorry that you love them and can't ride them anymore. Nice post.

Sylvia K said...

Really terrific shot -- man made and nature! I had to give up roller coasters a number of years ago -- no one wants an old white-haired lady next to them as they shoot into the sky. But it was fun when I could. Thanks for sharing.