Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Thursday, November 09, 2006

Mia

Mia did not come home from the hospital yet. She will be coming home on Saturday. So, today I went to the hospital with Christie to see Mia for the very first time. With all the tubes and wires coming out of her I was very careful to say the least. I tried very hard to keep a stern face, but that didn't last long - tears just kept on falling.

I found out a few things about Mia that I didn't know. Mia is blind as well as deaf. Also, when she was in Christie's stomach the movement was not voluntary kicking as everyone thought. Mia was having seizures. She was having a seizure when she was born and continues to do so, but she is on medication to control them.

Christie asked me if the site of Mia was too disturbing for me, and I said no, not at all. I have seen worse things. Christie was relieved because she wants me to come over often and spend some time with her and Mia. I told her she didn't even have to ask and that I would do anything for her.

That's pretty much all I can say right now. I do not know what Mia's prognosis is, nor do I or anyone else know if there will be any improvement at all.

Please keep Mia in your thoughts and prayers. I would appreciate it very much.

Enjoy the rest of your day.

5 comments:

Astaryth said...

I don't know what to say..... Holding Mia and family in my thoughts.

Mr. Fabulous said...

Sending all my good thoughts...

colleen m said...

(((((hugs))))) Keeping them in my prayers

Nicola said...

Sending good thoughts

THE BLUEST BUTTERFLY said...

Is she home yet & how is she doing? How is the family doing?