Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Friday, September 08, 2006

You Still Have Your License?

I was doing my normal Friday errands like I always do and decided to go get my truck washed. Today being such a beautiful day, I expected to wait in line for a bit. I drove around the building and pulled up behind this beat up old white car.

When it was time to move up, the driver infront of me backed up! OMG! I had no where to go because I had several cars behind me. Thankfully, the driver realized his/her error and put the car in the correct gear. I thought that was just a one time mistake....WRONG! Once again it was time to move up and the driver in front of me did it again! This time the car flew back and missed my truck by inches! Oh Lordy, I thought I was going to have an anxiety attack right then and there.

Finally it was time for the driver to get out of the car, so the car could go thru the car wash. Out comes a fragile, petite woman who was at least in her mid seventies. She wore those lovely sunglasses that are two sizes too big for her and wrap around the sides of her face. As she shuffled her way into the building, I asked myself why can't the state re-test drivers who are over the age of 65? This woman can't even figure out what gear she put her car in!

2 comments:

Lavender said...

Ha ha, thats funny. that happens here (texas) all the time- with any age driver!

Mindless Dribbler said...

Hear Hear...I second that!

Where do I sign the petition??