Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

High Gas Prices Don't Deter NASCAR Fans

By BILL E. REDEKER - ABC News

This past weekend, 150,000 loyal NASCAR fans spent $3 a gallon to drive to the Phoenix International Raceway to watch cars that consume $5 a gallon in racing fuel.

Three things were on the minds of those who attended the event — the race, partying and the high price of gasoline.

"I used to pay about 40 bucks to fuel up," said one man filling his recreational vehicle at a nearby gas station. "Now it's about $55, $60."

Like most motorists, those who came to the race felt the pinch of high-cost gasoline. But these are car fans, and they're not ready to sacrifice their gas-guzzling motor homes and SUVs. Read more here.

3 comments:

The Exodus Diet and Fitness Blog said...

Just popping in to say a quick hello. I will return to my Body, Mind, & Spirit blog this Fall. For now you can find me here:


http://theexodusdietandfitnessblog.blogspot.com/

and here

http://easternparanormal.blogspot.com/

Gab

Charles said...

You know, I really wanted to get a car this year, but I just don't see it happening. I just wouldn't be able to afford gas.

shirley buxton said...

What a dilemna we're in. I believe this will force us--including me who drives an SUV--to look long and hard at what is happening. It's no doubt a mere question of supply and demand. The world is using more oil now, than in times past.

Blessings,

Shirley