Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Sunday, March 26, 2006

Aww my poor baby!

Well Ginger has not been doing too well. Her stiffness and limping has gotten worse since we got home from Florida. She is on a pain killer, yet she still struggles with walking.

This Tuesday she will get x-rays on her front legs. We want to see if it may be one of three things:
1. Bone Cancer
2. Acute Arthritis
3. A fracture

Ginger is 12 years old. The vet told my husband and I that it's quite remarkable for a Rottie to live that long. She said they usually don't make it past 10 or 11 yrs old. She is a very happy girl, eats and drinks well and seems to still be enjoying life. There isn't anything wrong with her other than her front legs (her right one in particular).

I will let you all know what we find out as soon as I get the chance.

7 comments:

Astaryth said...

It is so hard when our furbabies get into their senior years. I have my fingers crossed that it's not something too serious.

My last dog I had for over 10 years and the last 8 months she had congestive heart failure. I spent all kinds of money on x-rays (to diagnosis it after she was acting funny), and medicine, and making up the 'homemade' dog food of rice and lamb the vet reccommended. When I lost her I was heartbroken. She had been like a baby to me because I had raised her as an orphan puppy on a bottle and she went EVERYWHERE with me except work.

Patrick said...

It sounds like Ginger is lucky to have lived such a long and full life with a loving family. I hope she has many more happy and healthy years.

Antonette said...

Thank you

Heather-Anne said...

Be sure you ask your vet Rimidil it worked wonders for my dog who had acute arthritis.

Antonette said...

Thank you! I will remember to ask my vet.

jessica said...

my dog was the same way in his old age- we found a vet approved glucosamine (same as humans take) only for dogs... it helps with joint health, arthritis, etc. he had hip displacia, arhtritis, and cancer. but could move around with comfort and relative ease after he started taking the pills...

Antonette said...

Glucosamine does not work for her at all. We tried that and even 750mg of it and it doesn't do a thing. But thanks for stopping by and commenting.