Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Friday, December 02, 2005

Mass Migration


As I was driving to Pet Smart this afternoon, I couldn't help notice the amount of geese everywhere. It was amazing and beautiful.

Here in New Jersey we are used to geese. There is a bunch that stay here all year round. We also seem to be in their flight pattern for their migration. However, this year seems different. There are a lot more. And not only the canadian geese with the black heads, but the white geese as well. I saw thousands of geese today within a half an hour ride to Pet Smart. I have this feeling it's going to be a rough winter and the geese know this and are not sticking around like they usually do.

I'm gonna take some pics if I remember to bring my camera with me. There is a lake in the middle of a horse track that is covered with white geese. People stop on the side of the road because there are so many geese you can't see the water or the surrounding grass.

Below is a little sample of what will be going on in my area weather wise:

Dec 3 Tonight
Partly cloudy this evening then some snow showers after midnight. Low 26F. Winds SSW at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of snow 70%. Snow accumulating 1 to 3 inches.
Dec 4 Tomorrow
A wintry mix in the morning. Then clouds will linger in the afternoon. High 43F. NE winds shifting to WNW at 10 to 20 mph. Chance of precip 70%. About one inch of snow and ice expected.
Dec 4 Tomorrow night
A few clouds. Low 26F. Winds NW at 10 to 15 mph.
Dec 5 Monday
Afternoon snow showers. Highs in the upper 30s and lows in the mid 20s.
Dec 6 Tuesday
Windy with a few snow showers. Highs in the upper 30s and lows in the upper teens.

0 comments: