Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Monday, October 17, 2005

A Friend, 2 Bars And A Good Time

I went out to a bar Friday evening. A matter of fact I went to two bars. My girlfriend gave me a call and asked if I would like to meet her at a bar for a couple of cocktails. I said sure! And so I put together a nice outfit, fed the animals and called my hubby and told him what I was doing.

I haven't been out to a bar in months. I really don't go out much because I just don't care for the bar scene anymore. I have become rather bored with drinking and the crowded bars. I think it has a lot to do with the fact I consumed entirely way too much alcohol at a early age and proceeded to be a serious wino by the time I was 23. By age 30, I just stopped cold turkey.

Anyhow, we stayed at the first bar for a couple of hours and drove to another bar which was closer to my house. I wasn't overjoyed with this particular bar because it's like a bad High School reunion. In the past, I avoided this establishment for that reason. Also, the fact that I'm have a self esteem issue makes matters worse. But tonight, I felt good about the way I looked (I rarely feel good about myself). What the heck, I've been out of High School for over 15 years why should I let the past bother me so much? To my surprise, there were only 3 people I knew in the entire place and 2 out of the 3 were those I met later in my 20's.

We stayed for a couple of hours, enjoying ourselves. I was very careful with the number of drinks I was consuming. I made sure I wasn't drinking wine fearing that I would become a babbling idiot after having just 3 glasses. Instead, I had vodka and ginger ale (mmmm tasty). I wanted to be home in time to watch the Busch race, so I ordered a salad to go and my friend and I were out of there. She ran into some good friends on the way out and told me she was going to stay for a little while longer. I said that's fine. I gave her a smooch on the cheek and told her to be careful.

I arrived home not too long after the race started. Threw my salad away because it was absolutely horrible and got into my comfy clothes. Joey and I decided a little later to watch the rest of the race in bed. Needless to say, I passed out cold for a bit. Evidently, my body forgot how to handle being away from the computer and actually going out for more than a couple of hours. This girl's night out thing tuckered me out, but I had a great time and hope to do it again sometime.

Well that's it for me tonight...it's about time I get my butt into bed. Take care

0 comments: