Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Friday, August 12, 2005

Weather N Stuff

It's flippin HOT!!!

Important Message

Excessive heat warning remains in effect from noon this afternoon to 8 PM edt Saturday. Now through 03:36 PM EDT August 12, 2005

A few showers have developed over southern Bucks and Montgomery County as of 240 PM. The showers will continue to move off towards the northeast. Thunder and local downpours are possible. The showers will drift across northern Burlington and Mercer counties through 330 PM. Go indoors if you hear Thunder.

This Afternoon Partly cloudy with a slight chance of a shower or thunderstorm. Hot...humid with highs in the lower to mid 90s. Southwest winds 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 20 percent.

Tonight Partly cloudy. Humid with lows in the mid 70s. South winds 5 to 10 mph.

Saturday Partly cloudy. Hot...humid with highs in the mid 90s. Southwest winds 5 to 10 mph.

Saturday Night Partly cloudy. Humid with lows in the mid 70s. Southwest winds 5 to 10 mph.

Sunday Partly cloudy. A chance of showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon. Hot...humid with highs in the lower 90s. South winds 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 40 percent.

Sunday Night Partly cloudy in the evening...then becoming mostly cloudy. A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Lows in the lower 70s. Chance of rain 40 percent.

Monday Mostly cloudy with a chance of showers and thunderstorms. Hot with highs in the lower 90s. Chance of rain 30 percent.

________________________________________________________________

I'm sure to some of you who live in the desert south west are probably saying "stop whining". I know, I know, but I don't care it's hot in NJ and I don't like it one bit. I hate summer. Another reason why I'm so cranky is because of the following fact: this year thus far we've been 90 degrees or above 24 days. Last year, we only had 9 days. See? I'm not acclimated. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

I was going to go grocery shopping, however, I think I'll wait until this weekend...maybe. Personally, I think it's going to be the air conditioning, the tv or the puter and my furry kids and that will sum up the weekend.

Everyone is watching what Tropical Storm Irene is going to do. I'm not concerned. She'll probably veer off east eventually. The image below updates. I'll leave it on my blog until it's no longer a threat to the eastcoast of the United States.

I forgot about this weekends event the meteor shower. The most familiar annual meteor shower — which happens during many people's vacation seasons — should reach its 2005 peak on Thursday and Friday nights, August 11–12 and 12–13. The first-quarter Moon will set in mid- to late evening, leaving the sky nicely dark for the prime meteor-watching hours from about midnight until the first glimmer of dawn.

During those hours the shower's radiant point, located between Perseus and Cassiopeia, will be getting high in the northeast — so meteors should flash across all parts of the sky at a rate of about one a minute as seen by a single observer.

Get out and enjoy the show!! Until next time...take care.

0 comments: